Totus Tuus, our program replacing Vacation Bible School, will be offered this summer for students grades 1-12. This distinctly and passionately Catholic program will involve young people in various activities with the purpose of guiding them to grow in their faith. During the week there will be time for adoration and confession, skits and songs, catechesis and fellowship, daily Mass and a final Fun Day water fight. Registration is now open, don’t wait because space is limited. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
July 18-22 Middle School and High School (7:00-9:00 p.m.)
July 19-23 First Grade through Sixth Grade (9:00~2:30)
PUBLIC SUNDAY AND WEEKDAY MASSES
Sunday Mass Obligation Lifted
Bishop Rhoades has suspended indefinitely the obligation to attend Sunday Mass. Diocesan directives regarding COVID-19 can be found here.
Lifting of the Dispensation from the Obligation of Mass
Effective 11 June 2021
Effective June 11, the general dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation is hereby lifted throughout the state of Indiana.
Except for the unique situations as described below, those who are otherwise healthy are obliged to return to Sunday Mass by the weekend of June 12-13, 2021:
• Those who are seriously ill, exhibit flu-like symptoms and/or may have a contagious disease (including quarantine due to exposure).
• Those who are unable to attend Mass through no fault of their own (e.g. transportation issue).
• Those who are homebound and/or incapacitated due to age, infirmity and/or medical restrictions.
• Those who have compromised health conditions and/or at high risk of contracting the virus.
• Those who are caretakers of person who are sick or of persons at high-risk of serious illness if they contract Covid virus.
Those who cannot attend Mass in person are encouraged to participate in the liturgy through a televised Mass and/or to spend some extra time in personal or family prayer (e.g. reflecting on the Sunday readings, prayer the holy rosary, etc.). For TV Masses:
- South Bend area: WNDU, Channel 16 at 10:30am Sunday morning. Cable: Comcast Ch. 8.
- Current and past Sunday Masses are available online anytime at https://heartofthenation.org/online-mass/sunday-mass
Spiritual Communion Prayer - can be used when unable to attend Mass
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the most Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there, and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Our parish 4:00 pm Saturday Vigil Mass is live-streamed and then posted on our YouTube channel. Other resources can be found on the Sacred Heart Parish website and Facebook page.
11:30am Daily Mass is live-streamed from the Basilica here or go to campusministry.nd.edu
Those attending public liturgies, Sunday Masses or otherwise, will need to wear a mask, except children under two years old.
- Weekday Masses: 6:45am Monday through Friday in the Crypt
- Saturday Vigil Mass: 4:00 pm in the Parish Center
- Sunday: 6:30 am, 9:30 am and 11:00 am in the Parish Center
REMEMBER: Anyone with a cough or fever, or who may otherwise be feeling sick, should not come to church for Mass or even for a visit.
Parish Sunday Masses and other resources can be found on Sacred Heart Parish's YouTube Channel.