PUBLIC SUNDAY AND WEEKDAY MASSES
Except for the unique situations as described below, those who are otherwise healthy are obliged to return to Sunday Mass.
• Those who are seriously ill, exhibit flu-like symptoms and/or may have a contagious disease (including quarantine due to exposure).
• Those who are unable to attend Mass through no fault of their own (e.g. transportation issue).
• Those who are homebound and/or incapacitated due to age, infirmity and/or medical restrictions.
• Those who have compromised health conditions and/or at high risk of contracting the virus.
• Those who are caretakers of person who are sick or of persons at high-risk of serious illness if they contract Covid virus.
Those who cannot attend Mass in person are encouraged to participate in the liturgy through a televised Mass and/or to spend some extra time in personal or family prayer (e.g. reflecting on the Sunday readings, prayer the holy rosary, etc.). For TV Masses:
- South Bend area: WNDU, Channel 16 at 10:30am Sunday morning. Cable: Comcast Ch. 8.
- Current and past Sunday Masses are available online anytime at https://heartofthenation.org/online-mass/sunday-mass
Spiritual Communion Prayer - can be used when unable to attend Mass
My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the most Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there, and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Those attending public liturgies, Sunday Masses or otherwise, will need to wear a mask, except children under two years old.
- Weekday Masses: 6:45am Monday through Friday in the Crypt
- Saturday Vigil Mass: 4:00 pm in the Parish Center
- Sunday: 6:30 am, 9:30 am in the Crypt and 11:00 am in the Parish Center
REMEMBER: Anyone with a cough or fever, or who may otherwise be feeling sick, should not come to church for Mass or even for a visit.